Asking for your input re. scholarly publishing developments

Dear Liblicense-l readers:  For a talk I'm giving later this spring, I've
been asking colleagues a pair of questions, which I'd also like to pose to
readers of this list.  I'd be glad to summarize the answers and would
appreciate hearing from you this week if possible.

Question #1:  Over the last ten years, what strategies or developments
have particularly and visibly influenced the way scholarly publishing and
library collections development are done?

[For example, some unsurprising answers so far have been:  Ejournal
aggregations (such as JSTOR, HighWire, Muse); The Big Deal; Google; Open
Access; Consortia]

Question #2:  What has been the high or transforming impact of the
developments you chose (i.e., why did you name them?)

Please do answer and please don't feel limited by the list above.

Thank you, Ann Okerson
Yale Library