Dual publication - Advances in Pharmacol

Are there any other subscribers here to Advances in Pharmacology?  We were
shocked to receive the latest volume.  Nowhere on or in the volume does it
state that it is a volume of "Advances in Pharmacology".  However, the
design of the cover matches that of previous volumes, and the invoice
declares it to be vol 52 of Advances in Pharmacology.

Advances in Pharmacology vol 52 (2005) "Hot spot pollutants" . GB�120.00

There are 19 articles in the volume.  A note inside declares that
"Chapters 1-18 were originally published in Toxicology Letters.  Six
articles have been revised; and one new article included."

The articles seem to date back to 2002/2003.  There is nothing on the
articles themselves stating that they are from either Toxicology Letters
or Advances in Pharmacology.

This seems like very sharp publishing practice to me.  We will be looking
very carefully at our subscriptions to these Elsevier "Advances in..."
titles before deciding whether to renew.

[Cross-posted from reedelsevier and lis-serials lists]

Frank Norman, Librarian. National Institute for Medical Research
The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA,  UK
tel 020 8816 2227   fax 020 8816 2230   email fnorman@nimr.mrc.ac.uk