[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Help!!!!!!
- From: "Joseph J. Esposito" <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:12:59 EST
- Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
Can someone point me to a summary of the activities at research libraries to create meta-search engines? I am interested in learning how extensive this activity is, whether the development is being done by the institutions themselves or by integrating third-party search tools, where this puts Google (and the forthcoming Longhorn) in the scheme of things, and what were the libraries' motivation to get involved with this undertaking (which I imagine to be non-trivial, as the Valley geeks say). Thank you for your help. Joe Esposito