[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Reporter faked the news.
- To: <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Reporter faked the news.
- From: "Joseph J. Esposito" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 17:28:28 EDT
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I wish to make the unpopular point that what the NY Times does with its archive is its own business. I have no idea what they intend to do (the pompous analysis on their wayward reporter in today's paper doesn't really fill one with hope), but it is theirs to do with as they please. They cannot, legally or practically, recall the hardcopies of past issues, but their electronic archive is their property. If it were mine to deal with, I wouldn't expunge it (I would annotate it), but it is not mine (alas!). Joe Esposito