[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
What must a 'book' contain?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: What must a 'book' contain?
- From: Craig Morehouse <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 22:44:47 EDT
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I hope this isn't too simple a question, but what are the _minimum_ elements that a printed work must contain in order to be classified a "Book" that a Library could order? Is an ISBN required? Is a Library of Congress number required? If neither of those, what kind of barcode or indexing would be desired? If there is good reference of FAQ for these concerns, please point me to it. I am going to be publishing works under Free Documentation License, Open Publication License, and pure Public Domain. I am trying to ascertain what a Library must have in order to order or stock the book on their shelves. Thanks very much, Craig Morehouse -- "Person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" -Chinese Proverb
- Prev by Date: RE: Australian CLRC Report Released
- Next by Date: NYTimes.com Article: Copyright Challenge Heads to Court
- Prev by thread: NYTimes.com Article: Copyright Challenge Heads to Court
- Next by thread: COUNTER Usage Report Survey - Results now in