Project COUNTER: Online Librarian Survey

Some of us will certainly wish to fill out this survey.  Forwarded with
permission.

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Shepherd [mailto:pt_shepherd@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2002 5:01 AM
To: tom@ohiolink.ohiolink.edu
Subject: Project COUNTER: Online Librarian Survey

Since we met at the SSP meeting at the end of May, we have been making
good progress on COUNTER. The COUNTER website is now live
(www.projectCounter.org ) and the Code of practice we plan to release
before the end of 2002 is developing according to plan.

An important section of the Code of Practice will be the Usage Reports
that vendors will have to provide if they are to be designated
'COUNTER-compliant'. We have prepared the first draft of these Usage
Reports and are seeking librarian feedback on them in an Online Survey.
This survey is available via the COUNTER web page.

One reason I write to you today is to ask for your help in making
librarians aware of the project in general and of the online survey in
particular. To this end I would appreciate it if you could do two things:

1. Using the text in the attached press release, announce the availablity
of the Online Survey to Ohiolink and ICOLC members.

2. Place a link to the COUNTER site on the Ohiolink and ICOLC websites.

I do hope you will be able to help us in this way. If you have any
specific questions about COUNTER, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,
Peter

Librarian news release 24 June.doc