[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Pricing of DVD vs. Video.
- To: "'email@example.com'" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Pricing of DVD vs. Video.
- From: "Mr. Edward Spodick" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 13:14:12 EDT
- Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Jon Blake wrote: > To my mind all of this adds up to a no brainer if facing a choice of > formats, almost regardless of price. A very good point. But for those libraries overseas, there can be the added complication of DVD region coding. The US, Hong Kong, and Mainland China are in 3 different regions (yes - Hong Kong and mainland China *are* in different regions - the regions were presumably set prior to the 1997 handover). We need to be sure to purchase multi-region players, which may or may not fall afoul of licensing in the future. :( -Edward Spodick, Information Technolgy Manager Hong Kong university of Science & Technology