RE:

It is exactly this issue that bothers me about alumni access to our
databases.  In chemistry there are many expensive scientific databases,
for some of which we have a limited number of users.  I can't see our
vendors willing for us to offer access at academic prices for alumni who
are now working for some small startup company or some large company, nor
am I particularly excited about having our few seats to CA taken up by
industrial chemists whose companies should have their own subscription.
I think the statewide programs that are emerging in many states will help
a lot in this area.  Not yet of the stature of OhioLink, the Tennessee
Electronic Library has begun to make very useful databases available to
Tennesseans in a wide variety of settings.

Kitty Porter