[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Asking MARC formats of the Electronic Journals from Information Providers!
- To: "'firstname.lastname@example.org'" <email@example.com>
- Subject: RE: Asking MARC formats of the Electronic Journals from Information Providers!
- From: "Keyhani,Andrea" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 17:39:19 EDT
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
Records representing electronic sets are available through OCLC WorldCat Collection Sets. Our Web site provides a list of these electronic sets and sample records from each set. Processing options are available for the 856 field, and those options are detailed on the Web site. The 856 field in the records includes the URL. For a complete listing of electronic and microform sets available visit the Web site at: http://www.oclc.org/oclc/colset/index.htm For further information, please contact: Susan Walker Product Manager, OCLC WorldCat Collection Sets e-mail: email@example.com -----Original Message----- Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 16:02:00 +0800 From: Mei-Yuh Shih <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: Asking MARC formats of the Electronic Journals from Information Providers! Dear Colleagues Following is a request that needs your comments and opinions: In Taiwan, the name of our consortium is called CONCERT (CONsortium on Core Electronic Resources in Taiwan). CONCERT was formed in September 1998; so far, we have achieved quite good accomplishments. We have subscribed to 12 systems with 61 databases available. Members are mainly from national as well as private universities, colleges and junior colleges. In order to promote the use of the electronic resources, one of local national universities asked us to get the journal bibliographic data of MARC formats of each electronic journals or proceedings from the information providers. The university would add the MARC formats to their OPAC system, treating these journals as their collections. Also, they would put in their 856 field the URL site of each journal, so that user can immediately click and browse the journal. This is a value-added service. We want to check with you all and see if you have had similar requests from your users, if you have asked any of the information providers of this service. We also would like to know if you have encountered any problems with any of your information providers with this request. Please let us know of your comments and share with us your experiences. Sincerely yours, Mei-yuh Shih Coordinator CONCERT, Taiwan
- Prev by Date: RE: Asking MARC formats of the Electronic Journals from Information Providers!
- Next by Date: Re: ECO query results
- Prev by thread: RE: Asking MARC formats of the Electronic Journals from Information Providers!
- Next by thread: ECO query results