Re: Legal signatures ramifications

You are talking about creating an electronic document in the form of a PDF
file.  Generate and append a digital signature against the file using a
program such as PGP or BlowFish.  If the document is altered, the digital
signature will no longer match.  Digital certificates of this sort are
common in business and government.  If you want complete confidence, go to
a digital certificate authority that you have confidence in and register
certificates against your documents.  Companies such as RSA Security work
with VeriSign to create public key infrastructures for websites and
documents.

  http://www.rsasecurity.com/products/keon/