RE: $1million at U Texas/Austin on E-Books?

Hello,

I confess that I have not seen the New York Times in hardcopy for some
time, but did read the lengthy (for a newspaper) article referenced in Ann
Okerson's note.  According to Lexis-Nexis, the cite is:

>December 9, 1999, Thursday, Late Edition - Final
>SECTION: Section C; Page 1; Column 2; Business/Financial Desk
>LENGTH: 1964 words
>HEADLINE: Racing To Convert Books to Bytes; Evolving Market for E-Titles
>BYLINE:  By DOREEN CARVAJAL

It's quite interesting and mentions a few more companies, new and old, as
well as some pricing considerations.

Cheers,

Emily Poworoznek
Engineering & Physical Sciences Librarian, University of New Hampshire

Email: emily.poworoznek@unh.edu
Phone: (603)862-4168 FAX:(603)862-4112
Post:  Engineering/Math/Computer Science Library
       Kingsbury Hall, 33 College Rd.
       Durham, NH 03824-3591   USA