Re: Electronic availability

I am certainly prepared to say and demonstrate  that (at least in my
academic field and related ones) some Elsevier journals are good and some
are poor, and also that  some non-Elsevier journals are good and others
are poor. I know as well that for the research needs of my University
some journals, both from Elsevier and other publishers, are good but
not relevant.

The general and continuing excellence of Columbia's collections makes it
hard to believe that Tony actually cannot tell good from bad, or relevant
from irrelevant.

David Goodman, Princeton University Biology Library
dgoodman@princeton.edu            609-258-3235