Dorling Kindersley Re: And now for something completely different

Yes,

This is different approach, but interesting that the publisher recognizes
that the screen and the usual printers, even in color, can't duplicate the
experience of actual DK books, even down to interesting bindings.  I have
a whole collection of them, and love the way my son enjoys the superb
photography--their strength is in the elementary and preschool books, best
enjoyed curled up in a comfortable place, not in front of a computer
screen or waiting for my painfully slow color printer to spit out the
pages.

I applaud their approach, but the clear separation of product for
different distribution channels may not work as well for other publishers.
And as a relatively new publishing house on this side of the pond, the
branding awareness is quite valuable.

Jean Bedord
Information Consulting
408-252-5220