Re: Congratulations to AAAS (and a few others)

As John Cox points out, I may have oversimplified, because what we really
need is both the flexibility and the standardization. I feel the need for
the flexibiity particular strongly at this time of year because of the
very short time frame for making renewal decisions.  I suppose what I
would be glad to accept is all subscriptions starting in Jan, but with the
right to cancel and get a proportional refund. I cannot help wondering if
the refusal of publishers to do this is a desire to take advantage of
library inefficiency and mistakes--and there are usually quite a lot of
them to take advantage of.

--
David Goodman
Biology Librarian, and