Re: pricing questions: perspective from a publisher

I take the general point, but the specific doesn't follow.  A non-profit
can't write off the HQ or the fancy perks; they are a direct expense.  A
profit concern can deduct those sorts of things in various ways.  What the
NEJM does with its income may be interesting, but I don't think it does it
because of tax status.  --pg

_________

     Societies have this tremendous advantage of a not-for-profit tax

--
NOTE PHONE NUMBER CHANGE (former -2573 will work before 5 p.m.)
Peter Graham    Syracuse University Library    psgraham@syr.edu