Re: Article based subscription

I have some preliminary figures based upon our '99 reshelving statistics.
Note that these are only a few values selected to show the range. A
complete list, with a full analysis and comparison with the citation data
for Princeton will be available this winter.

Title				Publ.
		Articles	CCC Cost	Total art	Subscription

Analytical biochemistry		Acad P
		226		$30		$6790		 $2310

Applied & envir. microbiol. AMS
		128		$ 4		$ 512		 $ 347

Archives of virology		Springer
		24	 	$25		$ 600		 $2026

Archives of biochem & biophys Acad P
		62		$30		$1860		 $2999

Biochemical journal	Biochem Soc,UK
		90		$8.50		$ 765		 $2090

Biochem biophys res comm	Acad P
		164		$30		$4920		 $2545

Biochim biophys acta		Elsevier
		242		$20		$4840		$10569

Biosystems	Elsevier
		8		$20		$ 160		 $1496

I have picked these from the same general subject area. Note that I've given
the CCC cost, which is sometimes different from that given in the journal;
I've also assumed that will be the total per article cost for an article based
pricing scheme; though I think that neither necessary nor desirable, I have no
other consistent basis to cite.

This is a fairly busy and large biology library, though not one of the
busiest or the largest. The primary users are our 30 Molec. Bio. dept.
faculty research groups, with an avg. of 10 research staff and students
each.

--
David Goodman
Biology Librarian, and