Re: Article based subscription

Karen Hunter wrote:

> There are a number of ideas we want to consider from PEAK, including
> the notion that once an article has been "bought", it is permanently
> available to the whole authorized community at that school.  This is an
> intriguing notion, described to me as building a collection one article
> at a time.

Um... am I misunderstanding something here?  Why should the idea of a
purchased article remaining permanently available to the library community
be an "intriguing" idea?  Wouldn't Elsevier *expect* libraries to insist
that they be able to keep what they've paid for?

----------------------
Rick Anderson
Head Acquisitions Librarian
Jackson Library