Re: proxy servers and site agreements

Dear Colleague,

This is a well known problem for any transparent proxy server. All Belgian
universities linked up to Belnet, the Belgian research network, have to
deal with it.

The only solution Belnet came up so far is a locally and daily updated
list of exceptions of destinations for which the original IP address has
to be maintained: a by pass system so to speak.

Julien Van Borm
Directeur
UIA-Bibliotheek
Universiteit Antwerpen