Re: "Best" vs. "Reasonable" Efforts

Almost certainly the attorney you mentioned who insisted that you delete
your term "reasonable" and restore his "best" did so because it holds you
to a higher standard, although admittedly both terms are far from being
free of vagueness. Still, it might be easier to claim that you did not
exert your best efforts if an attorney could point to some steps that you
failed to take but that you were capable of taking had you thought of
them.

Alan M. Edelson, Ph.D.
(Retired) President, J.B. Lippincott Co.