Re: CD-ROM backups (revisited?)

I was not debating the benefits of electronic versus print archival
material. I was simply responding to the question raised about whether
publishers would be likely to object to making complete photocopies of the
works.  I think they would, on sound copyright grounds, unless the license
agreement were to be modified to permit it. Let's understand that
publishers stay in business by selling their information. They would
obviously be happier selling extra copies of their materials themselves.
That is not unreasonable.

Alan M. Edelson, Ph.D.