Re: Cataloging E-journals

Jane Kleiner writes:

>From jkleiner@lsu.edu Mon May  3 10:01:43 1999
From: jkleiner@lsu.edu
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 09:01:22 -0500
Subject: Re: Cataloging E-journals

Chuck--

We are using a single record approach where possible -- and putting the
hot links in NOTIS to link users from the OPAC directly to the e-journals
on the Web. Now we are working on titles in the aggregator databases and
this is a bit trickier (is there such a word?).  You'll be interested to
know that several of the titles we canceled in the Serials Redesign
project are in some of the aggregator databases. There's also a committee
working on this problem-- Call me if you need details.

Jane Kleiner
Associate Dean of Libraries for Collection Services
The LSU Libraries
Louisiana State University
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Phone: 225-388-2217