offline browsers

This is a question related to electronic journal licensing terms that I
wonder if anyone else has run into. Part of the terms give a warning
about usage of popular "offline browsers" that allow users to download
content.  The warning is specific to configure the offline browser to
not request more than one page per 60 seconds or non compliance with
this rule will result in blockage of access. My understanding of offline
browsers is that they are robot type programs that will download entire
websites.  One question is how have you alerted your users to this
warning.  We were thinking of putting a notice on our electronic
publications page. We would also like to know more about these offline
browsers and how they differ from the web crawlers  mentioned in earlier
discussions.
Thanks. Sheila

Sheila Moran MLIS
moran.sheila@mgh.harvard.edu