Re: NELINET sign consortia agreement

Margaret Landesman from the University of Utah sends the following
message to Liblicense-l:

From: "MARGARET LANDESMAN" <mlandesm@alex.lib.utah.edu>
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 08:57:03 MST7MDT
Subject: Re: NELINET sign consortia agreement

Re. publisher announcements (or, for that matter, any postings to
the list) , I would like to suggest that the originator of the
posting be clearly identified by name with a title and institutional
affiliation at the top of the posting or as a signature.

I would peresonally consider this sort of thing more an advertisement
than a posting by one list member to other list members - I don't
know that I object to that so long as all publishers are given equal
access to the opportunity.

If there was such an identification on this posting, my computer
somehow must have eaten it,

Margaret Landesman
Head, Collection Development
Marriott Library
University of Utah
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-0860
phone: (801) 581-7741
fax: (801) 585-3464
e-mail: mlandesm@library.utah.edu

Thought this would be of interest to some of you:

March 17, 1999, Cambridge, MA

NELINET Academic Libraries go live as the result of signing the MCB
University Press 'Emeraldplus' Consortium Agreement: Access provided
throughout New England.

NELINET's three-year agreement with MCB University Press will provide
access to a broad spectrum of New England's academic and academic research
libraries.  Participating member libraries include Babson College,
Bridgewater State College, Boston College, Central Connecticut State
University, Harvard University, Northeastern University, Southern
Connecticut State University, University of Maine, University of Vermont
and Worcester Polytechnic Institute. As Kathryn Poliseno, NELINET's
Coordinator, Consortium Purchasing Program, said, "We were glad to be able
to offer the Emeraldplus consortium proposal to all NELINET member
libraries.  It is part of our mission to help all of our libraries
regardless of their size and scope to reduce costs."

In order to see this Press Release in full or to view MCB's EmeraldPlus
license visit http://www.mcb.co.uk/whatsnew.htm