Re: Andrew Odlyzko's paper on library and publishers

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 20:58:16 EST James G. Dunn said:

>Dr. Odlyzko's fascinating paper on the possible demise of libraries due to
>the unfavorable economics in their competition with scholarly publishers
>does not specifically address advantages that university libraries might
>derive from coordinated management of copyrights on behalf of faculty
>authors. I have heard that NYU has such a program and that it has been
>successful and popular with the faculty. Other schools are at least
>considering implementing such policies and some may have already done so.
>It would be interesting to see how pressure applied to the journals'
>content supply changes the economics of the issue.

James,
  Do you have a URL for an NYU site that describes their program for
assisting faculty with copyright?  Or does anyone else on this list?

  --Michele
Michele Newberry                                      352/392-9020
Assistant Director for Library Services          fax 352/392-91850
Florida Center for Library Automation (FCLA)          www.fcla.edu
2002 NW 13th Street, Suite 320                    webluis.fcla.edu
Gainesville, FL 32609                   fclmin@nervm.nerdc.ufl.edu