Authority to sign licenses: How much staff time?

Apologies for creating a new thread from an existing and interesting one,
but apropos of David Goodman's observation about rapid growth in the
number and complexity of licences, we are currently reviewing our
procedures for handling licences for electronic resources.

We would be very interested to know how much staff time other libraries
are devoting to the processes of: proactively developing or adapting
standard licences as a negotiating strategy; reviewing existing licences
and [re]negotiating new licences, developing management information
systems to support this activity - and at what staffing level[s] this is
being done.

Regards,

Steve Cramond
Electronic Information Resources Librarian
University of Adelaide Library

eMail: scramond@library.adelaide.edu.au
Phone: +61 8 8303 3629
Fax: +61 8 8303 4369
Postal Address: University of Adelaide Library, Adelaide SA 5005,
Australia