Re: public library consortia

Margaret Landesman writes:
From: "MARGARET LANDESMAN" <mlandesm@alex.lib.utah.edu>
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 08:30:18 MST7MDT
Subject: Re: public library consortia

Rebecca,

100% of Utah's public libraries are in Pioneer, Utah's Online Library and
they are all internet connected. Our site is at www.pioneer.lib.ut.us.

We buy the IAC Searchbank periodical products covering general academic
stuff, business, a health one and a K-12 subset; UMI's ABI Inform/Global
business periodicals and newspapers; SIRS, which is also periodicals;
Encyclopedia Americana; Grolier's Multimedia Encyclopedia; the archives of
the two Salt Lake City newspapers and Utah Collections - a product of our
local educational TV system in cooperation with libraries,museums, etc
which has reference books, video clips, maps, etc relating to Utah
history.

I don't know how many periodical titles this is but we are cataloging all
of them and integrating them into a single state-wide electronic journal
list, so we will know eventually.

These licenses (except the UMI one, which excludes K-12) cover all
citizens of the state.

For the academic libraries, we have a separate site called Academic
Pioneer which augments these with additional databases.

Margaret Landesman
Head, Collection Development
Marriott Library
University of Utah