NFAIS Annual Conference

National Federation of Abstracting and Information Services
1999 ANNUAL CONFERENCE
Strategic Imperatives--A Meeting of the Minds
Four Seasons Hotel, Philadelphia, PA
Feb. 21-24, 1999

NOW OPEN FOR DAILY REGISTRATIONS

Maybe you couldn't get away this year to attend all four days of the
NFAIS Annual Conference, or even two days under our "half-conference"
rate.  With about two weeks to go until the doors open, we've already
achieved our expectations for this meeting.   But there are about 30
seats still available, which we'd like to offer on a first-come basis to
those who only have a day to spare.  Yes, you can still sign up for full
or half conference registrations, but starting today we'll also accept
registrations for single-days only.  Take the train from D.C., New York,
or Boston and drop in for the program, hold sidebar meetings with your
business associates, or simply mingle with 200 leading figures in the
database industry.

Daily registrations are a great way to give your staff exposure to the
Federation without incurring overnight expenses.  They are also a great
way to still "hit the conference" while staying in route for the meeting
you need to attend the next day.  All you need do at this point, is
choose your day . . .

THE DAILY LINE UP

Sunday, Feb. 21

Briefing on the Digital Object Identifier
Update on Metadata--The New A&I
Reception at Philadelphia's Historic City Tavern

Monday, Feb. 22

Breakfast Briefing by Robert Massie, Director of Chemical Abstracts
Service
Keynoter's Panel--Community Leaders Put Forward Strategic Keywords
CNI Session--Cliff Lynch Questions Publishing CEO's About Digital
Libraries
ARL Session--Mary Case Leads a Discussion on Licensing
CENDI Session--Bonnie Carroll Showcases Government Information
Initiatives
Gala Reception at the University of Pennsylvania's Museum of Archeology
& Anthropology

Tuesday, Feb. 23

Breakfast Briefing by Parick Sommers, COO of The Dialog Corporation
Miles Conrad Lecture by Charles Bourne on Search Engine Technology
SSP Session--Rick Bowes Leads a Discussion with NFAIS Members on
Strategic Assumptions
Induction of Honorary Fellows & NFAIS Awards
Lunch with the Information Professionals--Members of the Association of
Independent Information         Professionals Join Your Table
ASIS Session--Eugene Garfield Introduces a Discussion on Scholarly
Communication
EUSIDIC Session--Georg Schultheiss Leads a Panel on European Union
Activities

Wednesday, Feb. 24

Breakfast Briefing by Ron Aike, CEO of SilverPlatter
ICSTI Session--David Russon's Panel Discusses Developments in Document
Delivery
ASIDIC Session--Tom Hogan Showcases Cutting Edge Information Services

Consult the Full Program at:
<http://www.pa.utulsa.edu/nfais/Conf99_prog.html>

Daily Rates:
                           NFAIS Member  Sister Society  Non-Member
Sunday or Wednesday Only      $250          $300           $350
Monday or Tuesday Only        $350          $400           $450

REGISTRATION FORM
(Daily Registrations)

To inquire about full or half-conference rates call 215 893-1561 or
review the rates at <http://www.pa.utulsa.edu/nfais/Conf99_rates.html >
and get your full meeting registration form at
<http://www.pa.utulsa.edu/nfais/Conf99_reg.html>.

Receive and return your registration form to:
The National Federation of Abstracting and Information Services,
1518 Walnut St., Suite 307,
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Fax to: 215 893-1564.  Or e-mail to: mmanson@nfais.org