RE: Click-through Licenses

On Tuesday, February 02, 1999 12:40 PM, David Goodman
[SMTP:dgoodman@princeton.edu] wrote:

> IOP for INSPEC, Wiley for its journals, and some smaller publishers are
> still requiring such information. IOP and Wiley at least have given
> indications they might not continue this, but at this point they seem to
> be still doing so.

Are you saying that your patrons must identify themselves to the publisher
to use those products in the library?  Wouldn't that allow publishers to
gather data on patrons' reading/research habits?  We would consider that a
violation of data privacy rights, and would not purchase such a product.

TC