RE: "Double" Licenses--end-user licenses & consideration

David,

Yes, so true.  Merely a peppercorn WILL suffice.  So, to paraphrase the
expression, "Show me the Peppercorn."  :-)  (While a "lack of
consideration" argument may be a weak one, you have still not pointed me
to any case in which an end-user click-on or shrinkwrap has been upheld
without it.)

Everyone, although the cases Mr. Mirchin cited involving consumers were
all UCC Article 2 (Sale of Goods) cases, I am still interested in
examining any cases upholding click-on/shrinkwraps outside the
commercial/UCC context (i.e., where there was no purchase by the one
against whom the license is enforced).  Thanks in advance.  Sorry if I've
bored you.

Terry Cullen, Esq.
Electronic Services Librarian
Seattle University School of Law Library
950 Broadway Plaza, Tacoma, WA  98402-4470
Email:  tcullen@seattleu.edu
Phone:  253-591-7092  FAX:  253-591-6313