MCB journals available through OCLC's ECO

MCB journals available through the OCLC Electronic Collections Online (ECO)
service from January 1999

The international publisher MCB University Press and the Online Computer
Library Centre (OCLC) have signed an agreement to make all MCB on-line
journals available through the Electronic Collections Online (ECO) service
from January 1999. This delivers fulltext access to over 20,000 articles
published in more than 100 MCB University Press international management
journals.

Andrea Keyhani of OCLC states that "OCLC's goal for its FirstSearch
Electronic Collections Online service is to offer a critical mass of the
scholarly journals that libraries want. The MCB University Press journals,
which are frequently requested by libraries, will be a valuable addition
to the 1,800 journals available through Electronic Collections Online.
OCLC is pleased to work with MCB, which is establishing itself as a
trailblazer on electronic interlibrary loan and other areas of great
interest to libraries".

MCB is delighted by the agreement as it provides libraries and their users
with another excellent way to access journal content. ECO offers a single
point of access and reference for electronic journal subscriptions through
a widely respected provider. As a result, libraries subscribing to MCB
journals will benefit from:

*  access to electronic versions of MCB journals via ECO for no extra charge
*  access to MCB journal fulltext archives from 1994 to date via ECO for no
extra charge
*  a single interface for searching and browsing electronic journals from
more than thirty publishers

The move follows a series of initiatives by MCB to make electronic content
widely and easily available through a number of key channels. Mathew
Wills, MCB's Vice President: Third Party Distribution, explains:

"The role of the publisher has always been to maximise the dissemination
of information. MCB University Press seeks to achieve this in the
electronic publishing age through our liberal licensing policies (we are,
as Andrea mentions, pleased to allow electronic inter-library loans) and
by ensuring that published content is available on every fulltext journal
system that our customers and users might require."

"We are, therefore, very pleased that MCB University Press journals will
be available via OCLC's Electronic Collections Online service. This
compliments existing access via MCB's own Emerald Library, SwetsNet,
Information Quest, Ebsco Online Subscriptions, Lange and Springer's L@ser
and Blackwells Navigator."

The MCB journals that are available online are listed in the annex below.
Anyone requiring further information regarding MCB's third party
distribution activities, should contact:

Mathew Wills
Vice President: Third Party Distribution
MCB University Press
60/62 Toller Lane
Bradford
West Yorkshire
UK

Tel: + 44 (0) 1274 777700
Fax: + 44 (0) 1274 785201
E-mail: mwills@mcb.co.uk
Annex: MCB University Press Online Journals
http://www.mcb.co.uk/portfolio/home.htm