RE: SciFinder Scholar Contract (fwd)

No, CAS isn't requiring a commitment to purchase in order to conduct a
trial.  We can sign a license agreement specifying the things we may and
may not do with the client software without making a commitment to
purchase (or license) the software once the trial is completed.  It does
make getting the trial set up more work than for the typical product, but,
again, that is because CAS must loan us their client software.  Perhaps I
didn't mind having the legal stuff occur up front because I knew we would
purchase the software in the end.

George Rickerson, Director
Library Systems Office
University of Missouri