Re: digest 96

In reponse to Joe Kraus' concerns about signing the SciFinder Scholar
Contract prior to the trial of the product, this has certainly stalled
consideration of the product by many of us.  Add the restrictive language
of the contract itself and the fact that the product is only available to
5 p.m. to 5 a.m., and it becomes a fairly unattractive proposition, even
though the product itself is of course highly desirable.  I hope enough
libraries can resist that CAS will have to change its strategy.

Carol Fleishauer
Associate Director for Collection Services
MIT Libraries      617-253-5962      fleish@mit.edu