RE: SciFinder Scholar Contract (fwd)

We recently licensed SciFinder Scholar for the University of Missouri.
This product is different from most that we trial in that CAS had to
"loan" us client software in order for us to be able to try the product
out.  For most other products we try, if we don't buy, the service is
turned off and the vendor has no exposure.  For SciFinder Scholar, after
the trial we would still have the client software and, in the absence of
an agreement, could give it away or otherwise do things with it that CAS
doesn't want us to do. All in all it does seem reasonable for CAS to want
an agreement in place before loaning the client software to a customer.

George Rickerson, Director Library Systems Office
University of Missouri
615 Locust Street #200
Columbia, MO 65211
rickersong@umsystem.edu