Re: E-Journals in the Era of Print Cancellations

Of course, there is also the emerging trend to exploit the electonic
medium and offer electronic access to an enriched resource which has no
true counterpart in print.  I am referring to those resources which offer
a web of hyper connections to other texts as well as incorporating audio,
video, and datafiles.  An earlier reader pointed out the difference in
content where the electronic edition offers something less than the paper
counterpart.

The days of print archives as a solution to the lack of electronic
archives seem to be numbered anyway.  Will it be the added cost factor or
the lack of a mirror medium which effects this change?  Probably both.

--Scott Wicks
Cornell University Library