Number/Percentage of Web-Only E-Journals

     _Number/Percentage of Web-only E-Journals_

    For a Think Piece on the application of Intelligent Software Agents
for Identifying, Organizing and Managing E-Serials, I am interested in
learning about the number of _Web-Only_ E-journals that are currently
available. By Web-only e-journals, I mean networked journals that do *not*
have a parallel print counterpart.

    [I am aware of the **excellent** review article by Steve Hitchcock,
Les A. Carr and Wendy Hall published in _Serials_ (10(3), (Nov.1997):
285-299 entitled "Web Journals Publishing: A UK Perspective" Also
available at URL:
http://www.mmrg.ecs.soton.ac.uk/publications/archive/hitchcock1997/ that
offers a fine historical review and analysis of Web journal publishing.
[It is well-worth The Read!]

    While I would prefer an overall number/percentage, data on specific
fields (e.g., Science, Technology, and/or Medicine (STM)) would also be of
interest.

    Those interested in becoming better acquainted with Intelligent
Software Agents may wish to wish my clearinghouse _LibraryAgents(sm)_
that provides links to major Agent resource sites. _LibraryAgents(sm) is
available at:

       http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/Agents.htm

    As Always, Any and All Contributions, Queries, Questions, Concerns,
Critiques, Comments, etc. are most well.

Gerry McKiernan
Theoretical Librarian
and
Curator, CyberStacks(sm)
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011

gerrymck@iastate.edu
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~CYBERSTACKS/

  	"The Best Way to Predict the Future is To Invent It!"
				Alan Kay