NEW-LIBLICENSE web site re-design

The LIBICENSE web site (http://www.library.yale.edu/~llicense/index.shtml)
has been redesigned by our designer-guru, Alex Edelman, once a student
and now a web engineer and designer-extraordinaire at Amazon.com.

Please visit the ever-enriched collection of resources there and send us
additions and comments for improvement.  We value these and use them in
improving the site.

For our readers, we have added some new branches, including:

I.  National Site License Initiatives:  the number of links under the
"licensing resources" had grown to include accounts of national
initiatives (UK and The Netherlands) that we wanted to feature separately.
**We are interested in links to any other agreements or discussions
happening at a national level.** Please send them in either to us or to
the liblicense-l list.

II. Authors' Licenses:  Several of our former links (from the ALCS and
NWU) have been joined by new documents such as the September 4th Policy
Forum in SCIENCE and a draft discussion document about faculty and
copyright management, from Yale University.  In addition, we have started
to add information about journals that accept licenses rather than
copyright transfers from their authors (Internet Journal of Chemistry and
the London Mathematical Society) as well as one sample license from an
author to a publisher.  **We welcome any additional information or links
to this space on the LIBLICENSE web site. We are particularly interested
in hearing from journals that offer a license option.** Again, feel free
to post these to the liblicense-l list or send them to the moderators
directly.

III. Liblicense Software.  We are in the final stages of finishing up the
Liblicense software.  It will be available on this space, probably
sometime in September.  It will include software you can use, as a
producer or librarian, to generate your own license; a shortform license
for those who want something simpler; and an FAQ.  We will announce this
widely when it becomes available.

Thank you for your continued feedback and dialogue on information
licensing issues.

Ann Okerson
Rodney Stenlake
For the Liblicense Project

The Liblicense Project is supported by the Yale University Library and
made possible through the generous grant support of the Council on Library
and Information Resources (CLIR) in Washington DC.  CLIR's web site at
<www.clir.org>, with its wealth of resources on matters such as
preservation, archiving, economics, and digital libraries is well worth
a visit.

CLIR's Mission

o To identify the critical issues that affect the welfare and prospects of
libraries and archives and the constituencies they serve

o To convene individuals and organizations in the best positions to engage
these issues and respond to them, and

o To encourage institutions to work collaboratively to achieve and manage
change.

CLIR embraces the entire range of information resources and services, from
traditional library and archival materials to emerging digital formats,
and the entire network of organizations that gather, catalog, store,
preserve, distribute, and provide access to information.