Re: Usage Statistics

In my experience, usage statistics are almost solely a
selection/deselection tool.  Thus the information would primarily benefit
bibliographers responsible for allocating library funds.  Since most
contracts are renewed annually, I would think statististics would be
needed at least twice a year -- at midyear and at year-end.  More frequent
statistics (monthly or quarterly) would be very useful in the first year
or two of the project, to chart increase (or not) in use as patrons became
more aware of the existence of the online resource.

Thomas Sandes
Auburn Universtiy