No Subject

Chris Fell of Cambridge University Press writes:

To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
From: Chris Fell <cfell@cup.cam.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Oxford and Cambridge UP
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 1998 16:21:13 +0100

Cambridge Journals Online

There are now 57 titles available within the Cambridge Journals Online
service. Tables of contents, bibliographic materials and article abstracts
are available free of charge to all internet users. The full text of
articles is available online to users at an institution that subscribes to
the print version of the journals. We are also testing society member and
individual subscriptions on selected titles.

To access the full text of articles online, an institution has to activate
its subscription. This can be done online at the CJO website and involves
associating a registration record against the subscription record already
held in the database. When possible, we associate a domain name with our
institutional subscription number and allow any user within that domain to
access the journals. If a domain name is not available, we associate an IP
number range with the subscription record. Currently, we ask that all
users register a name and password of their own choosing, whether they are
within an active domain or just browsing the free areas of the service.

In our opinion, there are some features of great value in the service and
others that may need improvement. We are looking at future models and
options and are always open to helpful suggestions. I hope this is useful.
For further information, please visit the site at
http://www.journals.cup.org, or contact me directly.

Chris Fell                               + 44 (0)1223 325165
Cambridge University Press          Fax  + 44 (0)1223 315052
The Edinburgh Building            e-mail:cfell@cup.cam.ac.uk
Shaftesbury Road                    http://www.cup.cam.ac.uk
CAMBRIDGE  CB2 2RU               http://www.journals.cup.org

***CAMBRIDGE ACADEMIC BOOK SALE - 1 May to 31 August 1998***
Thousands of titles at sale prices.
Available on our UK website at http://www.cup.cam.ac.uk