Re: Oxford and Cambridge UP

Richard Gedye wrote:
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 11:15:35 +0100
From: Richard Gedye <CHICKL@oup.co.uk>
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: Oxford and Cambridge UP.. - Reply

I can't, of course, claim to speak for CUP, but institutional subscriber
access to the full text of Oxford University Press online journals is via
registered IP address, not via password.

However, if as an institutional subscriber you choose to register your
relevant IP addresses via our online form (which we would strongly
encourage), you will need to choose a password for yourself which will
give you access to the registration form. This is to help prevent
unauthorised people subsequently accessing the form and changing the IP
addresses which you have registered, whilst allowing you the option to do
this should it be necessary.

Once you have registered your relevant IP addresses, your institutional
users will have access to those of our online journals to which you have a
subscription, without the need to input any passwords.

The only users who need a password to access the content of our online
journals are INDIVIDUAL subscribers, who have paid for their own PERSONAL
subscriptions.

More detailed information about registering for access to OUP's online
journals can be found at:-

http://www.oup.co.uk/Register/

If you would like further help or advice, our customer services people
will be happy to help and can be found at:-

USA

Telephone: 1-800-852-7323 or 919-677-0977.
Fax: 919-677-1714
E-mail: jnlorders@oup-usa.org
By post:-

Journals Customer Service,