Electronic license agreements

Greetings All,

This is probably "basic" to those of you who have been dealing with
electronic licensing issues for sometime, but I wanted to get some
feedback on how some of you have been handling agreements that (these are
mainly for electronic journal licenses):

1. prohibit you to lend material on ILL

2. prohibit authorized users from sharing printed or downloaded search
results with non-affiliates (not very conducive for scientific
researchers!)

3.do not make very clear or no mention of electronic archiving

I understand that these may be common problems that many of us are
grappling with, but any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing your comments.

-Marian

Marian Burright
Science Reference/Liaison Librarian
Fenwick Library, tel. (703) 993-3720
George Mason University
Fairfax, Virginia

"Consequently, to say that numbers are
symbols which mean nothing appears as a horrible form of atheism".

--Bertrand Russell