Fwd: Re: A thought about H.R. 2281

Perhaps Chuck Hamaker's question should be re-phrased as follows:

"Do academic authors' institutions, which pay, in large part, for their
research and writing time, get paid for the fruits of their labor? "

There is a growing perception among academic administrators that their
universities are paying for scholarly information twice (librarians have
known this for a long time). For the individual faculty member,
publication leading to promotion and tenure is usuallyample compensation,
but they aren't the ones paying for the bills, and it's my belief that our
publisher colleagues sometimes overlook that fact.

Adrian Alexander Big 12 Plus Consortium

Adrian W. Alexander, Executive Director
Big 12 Plus Libraries Consortium
Linda Hall Library