Threaded Index

Re: Electronic license class

	There's a two-day workshop being offered by ARL, called "License
Review and Negotiation: Building a Team-Based Institutional Process."
It's excellent, and may be more practical for you (and others in your
situation) than a week-long class.  If you're planning on attending ALA,
you can go to DC a couple of days early and catch it on June 25-26.  For
more info, check out the ARL website at http://www.arl.org.

On Mon, 18 May 1998 19:20:25 -0400 (EDT) Anne Frohlich
<frohlich@acc.mcneese.edu> wrote:

> Those of you who work constantly with electronic licenses seem to be
> working toward some consensus as to ideal licensing agreements.
>
> As these become more solidified, would it be possible to offer for the
> rest of us librarians a practical class (one or two weeks) in reading,
> deciphering, understanding and negotiating license agreements?
>
> Is this a totally unrealistic idea?  I am not in an area where legal
> classes are available.  And would a law school let me come for only a
> summer class in contract law without all the legal basics?  Besides, to
> leave my job for a whole summer is pretty drastic.  But a short
> class/workshop would be possible.
>
> Would other serials librarians find this useful?
>

> Anne Frohlich, Serials Librarian	Phone:318-475-5741
> Frazar Memorial Library			Fax:318-475-5719
> McNeese State University		http://www.mcneese.edu/depts/library/
> Box 91445
> Lake Charles, LA 70609

----------------------
Rick Anderson
Head Acquisitions Librarian
Jackson Library
UNC Greensboro
1000 Spring Garden St.
Greensboro, NC 27402-6175
PH (336) 334-5281
FX (336) 334-5399
rick_anderson@uncg.edu
http://www.uncg.edu/~r_anders

"My music is not modern; it is only badly played."
                  -- Arnold Schoenberg

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense
© 1996, 1997 Yale University Library
Please read our Disclaimer