Threaded Index

Electronic license class

Those of you who work constantly with electronic licenses seem to be
working toward some consensus as to ideal licensing agreements.

As these become more solidified, would it be possible to offer for the
rest of us librarians a practical class (one or two weeks) in reading,
deciphering, understanding and negotiating license agreements?

Is this a totally unrealistic idea?  I am not in an area where legal
classes are available.  And would a law school let me come for only a
summer class in contract law without all the legal basics?  Besides, to
leave my job for a whole summer is pretty drastic.  But a short
class/workshop would be possible.

Would other serials librarians find this useful?

Anne Frohlich, Serials Librarian	Phone:318-475-5741
Frazar Memorial Library			Fax:318-475-5719
McNeese State University		http://www.mcneese.edu/depts/library/
Box 91445
Lake Charles, LA 70609

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense