Threaded Index

Re: Ads in online journals

I get to see 400+ STM journal titles do their publishing thing as their
journal printer/digitizer. There are as many opinions about ads in print
or on-line as there are personalities. Four color printing is a publishing
tool used to attract advertisers (and sometimes hot articles). We have
seen a steady increase of its use for well over a decade. The only other
trend of greater growth rate is the outsourcing of redactory. This leads
to the question of where does the sole of a publisher go when the
editorial is outsourced?

Show me the money! If editorial, and printing (or digitizing) are
commodities, where is the money made? Acquiring and distribution. There's
a new topic to talk about.

Blane Cox
Regional Sales Manager
Capital City Press, Inc.
8411 Pyott Rd. Suite 103
Lake in the Hills, IL  60102
(815) 356-9041 * (815) 356-9046 fax * blanecox@netcom.com

after May 1, 1998 the new address will be;

Blane Cox
Capital City Press, Inc.
6508 W. Saddlehorn Rd.
Glendale, AZ  85310