Threaded Index

Re: Ads in online journals, was: Re: CBC and Liblicense list

Question for Ann Okerson:
Has the aggregator indicated whether the ads will be targeted according
to searches entered, as one sees in e.g. Yahoo?

Question for all of us:
If ads will be targeted, does it or should it matter to librarians
that ads are linked to our patrons' search strategies?

Steve Black
Reference, Serials and Instruction Librarian
Neil Hellman Library
The College of Saint Rose
Albany, NY  12203                                  "Cogito eggo sum"
blacks@rosnet..strose.edu                     (I think, therefore I
waffle)

On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Ann Okerson wrote:

> Co-incidentally, let me report briefly on a recent development.  A large
> aggregator of diverse information/news sources has just made an offer to a
> group of consortia that involves keeping the price of the aggregated
> resource at a lower (rather than far higher) level by including
> advertising.  The advertising will be aimed (as is the product use) at
> students, generally undergraduates.

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense
© 1996, 1997 Yale University Library
Please read our Disclaimer