Threaded Index

RE: Best Journal Aggregator for Biomedicine

Cell Press will now sell access to all four of their journals, but their
price is based on the number of individual subscriptions with the same ZIP
code as the library purchasing the access.  This is done because they are
expecting to lose the individual subscribers as soon as the online access
is available through the library.  This naturally makes the online access
rather expensive.

Connie Kelley, Contracts Manager
University of Virginia Library
Charlottesville VA 22903-2498
PH: 804/924-4988  Email: cak@virginia.edu

On Mar 6, 15:40, W Holder wrote:
> Subject: RE: Best Journal Aggregator for Biomedicine
> OVID does have Science and Nature but the big complaint we get is that the
> issues available are way out of date. I gather it is the whole issue of
> OVID re-keying the articles.
>
> My other comment is try licensing directly from the publishers. I have had
> many conversations with Cell Press for example and they just simply are
> not ready to do site licences with institutions. They want to keep their
> individual subscriber base.  I would love to hear if anyone has broken
> through and been able to license any of these three ( there are many
> others in the same category).
>
> Warren Holder
> Electronic Information Resources Co-ordinator
> University Of Toronto Libraries
> Toronto, Ontario  CANADA
>
> telephone : (416) 978-2286
>           fax  : (416) 978-7653