Threaded Index

CLA SERIALS INTEREST GROUP WORKSHOP IN VICTORIA, June 19

This announcement has been posted to several
lists. APOLOGIES FOR ANY DUPLICATION.

CLA CONFERENCE : Victoria, British Columbia, Canada,
 June 17-21, 1998, "Reality Check: Seductive Futures,
 Sobering Past"

The Serials Interest Group (SIG) of CLA is hosting a workshop at CLA
Victoria that is of interest to serialists, Technical Services and Public
Services librarians alike.  Circle June 19, 1998, 2-5 p.m.  on your CLA
conference calendar:

LICENSING AGREEMENTS FOR ELECTRONIC
PRODUCTS: SIG WORKSHOP, JUNE 19,1998
2-5 p.m.:

Libraries are acquiring more and more electronic products.  Librarians,
especially those working with serial publications, are struggling to
understand the complexity of licensing agreements.  Join us as our three
speakers help untangle the licensing web.

SPEAKERS:

Gail Bunt, LL.B, M.L.S., Law Reference Librarian, Law
Serials Cataloguer, University of Saskatchewan
Gary Gibson, Director of Library Sales, Micromedia Ltd.
Georges Sarazin, Blackwell Information Services

LEARNING OBJECTIVES:

1. Steps required to acquire, process and manage licensing agreements for
electronic products.

2. Interpreting specific legal terms in the licensing contract and
advising how ommon contractual clauses apply to the library situation.

TARGET AUDIENCE:

Serialists, Technical Services Librarians, and Public Services Librarians.

We look forward to seeing you at the CLA SIG workshop in sunny Victoria.

SIG Convenors:
Mary Curran, University of Ottawa
Kewal Krishan, University of Saskatchewan

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense
© 1996, 1997 Yale University Library
Please read our Disclaimer
E-mail us with feedback