Threaded Index

licensing for hands-on room

I know this topic has been discussed before, but I dont' think it has
been recently, and things change so quickly.  We are in the process of
planning a hands-on instruction room with 15 student workstations.  I'd
like to know how others are dealing with the issue of simulataneous users
in this type of situation.  I know some libraries get permission to use
older issues of CD databases with limitless users for instruciton
purposes only, but we are slowly getting rid of our CD's and getting most
of our databases via Web now.  The vendors I'm most interested in are
FirstSearch, Ovid, and SPIRS.  Can anyone share their experiences in
dealing with these vendors in addressing this issue, and any tips that
might be useful?

I'll summarize any responses I receive directly.

Thanks again for your help,
Gretchen

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
     Gretchen McCord Hoffmann          I want to be thoroughly used up
Coordinator of Library Instruction     when I die...Life is no "brief
 University of Houston Libraries       candle" to me.  It is a sort of
       gmhoffmann@uh.edu               splendid torch which I have got
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%    hold of for the moment, and I want
 All opinions and ideas expressed      to make it burn as brightly as
   above are products of my own        possible before handing it on to
    bizarre thought processes.         future generations.

http://www.library.yale.edu/liblicense
© 1996, 1997 Yale University Library
Please read our Disclaimer
E-mail us with feedback