Threaded Index

Re: liability language

A good point.  Can we make a list here of what libraries are doing about
"reasonable efforts" to make sure that uses made of electronic resources
are indeed as agreed to or permitted?

Let's have some librarians chime in on this.  (I suspect that
"disciplinary sanctions" are not terms we'd use in library settings,
though, unless as a last resort).  Do you put signs on computers (of
what sort?), messages on opening screens (what do they say?), on
printers? have handouts?  university guidelines?  All thoughts,
suggestions are greatly welcomed here.

Ann Okerson
Ann.Okerson@yale.edu