Threaded Index

Lexis Xchange, West Group price increases

On Thu, 4 Dec 1997, JC Haring wrote:

Does anyone have input on the Lexis-Nexis Xchange program for small offices
that's being offered at about $100 per month, or the economy version for solos
at $65/month??  It's access through your browser and ISP, not the direct
dial-up access.

Related to this, I have been lurking in this group [Mod. Note;  this is
forwarded from the list NET-LAWYERS@peach.ease.lsoft.com] for over a month
and have seen only one comment regarding West Group.  We were convinced to
switch from print to CD in 1/96 based on statements (written) from their
salesperson that while print would continue to increase in cost, monthly
charges for CD would remain constant.  We received increases (as high as
49% on one item) in September and West has ignored both our inquiries and
eventual termination. They continue to send CD's (which we refuse)  and
bills.

As an individual who stayed in teaching after admission, maintaining a
solo practice on the side, I can not afford $230-$250/mo for a basic
library.  [snip] While some of the larger firms may be able to afford
these rates, I would hope that a few of the "big guns" would step up and
put some pressure on.

Comments welcome to me or the list.

JC Haring
Mt. Sinai, NY